National Account Manager –Convenience/Co-op
good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack, from subscription, to retail and our online shop. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
Our UK retail business is growing at an astonishing rate…
We are stocked in well over 8,500 shops with +60k stocking points
Total retail sales of c£30m since we launched in 2015
82% brand awareness in the UK and growing
Above the line marketing spend in 2016/17
Continual pipeline of innovation
The role: National Account Manager...
We’re on the lookout for a National Account Manager to head up our Convenience Channel
This is a high-profile role, convenience is the 2nd largest channel in the UK grocery market with a larger market share than online and the discounters combined. Growth in the convenience channel is expected to grow ahead of the total market over the next 5 years as social and economic influences change consumer shopping habits.
You will be responsible for leading the graze retail agenda for convenience, building and owning the relationship with strategic customers like Co-op, Booker, One Stop and McColl’s
In addition to your account management responsibilities, you will manage and develop a National Account Executive and report directly into the Head of Out of Home.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Building a channel strategy for 2017 and beyond to maximize the opportunity for graze in UK convenience market, focusing on unlocking both food to go and take home growth.
- Be a convenience expert for the business, feeding back channel insight, making recommendations and leading key projects to unlock future growth, and deliver budgeted plans.
- Developing multi-level contacts with the biggest operators in the channel, focusing on the Co-op, Booker, One Stop and McColl’s.
- Deliver the company’s sales and profit targets for the channel, with full P&L accountability and budget management.
- Sell-in and deliver a brilliant category driving JBPs including: retail pricing, promotions, investments, growing share of shelf, distribution and increasing visibility at point of purchase.
- Owning the channel demand forecast, working collaboratively with supply to ensure minimal out of stocks.
- Efficiently managing the channel administration and meeting both internal and external deadlines.
- Setting objectives, leading and developing the Out of Home National Account Manager
What we are looking for in you...
- You’ve delivered in a fast growing, branded FMGC company for at least 2 years
- Ideally, you have been responsible for several key national chains, for at least one whole JBP cycle, with full P&L responsibility.
- You have brilliant interpersonal and influencing skills and understand the reason why networking with both junior and senior level contacts (internal and external) is so critical, you will ensure every Customer contact is ‘man-matched’ with a graze person and will encourage and foster those relationships
- You are results orientated, think commercially (you know what a great deal looks like), and value every pound, and be a great sales-person and brand ambassador.
- You enjoy being stretched and would welcome the opportunity to wear many hats in a fast-growing business.
- Formal negotiation training is a plus (GAP, Sentinel) but not an essential.
- Super organised, you’ll be establishing and managing many accounts across the UK so you’ll have to be able to multitask.
- Have a passion for working within a small, fast paced and entrepreneurial environment where no task is too small.
What we will expect in first 6 months...
- Get up to speed, learn the business and meet your customers
- Build a channel strategy to unlock growth in line with the business priorities
- Be an expert in your channel and a leader within the team
- Have bag loads of energy, pro-actively looking for ways to do things fast and smarter
- Build great partnerships both internally and externally to deliver your winning plan
- Demonstrate great leadership supporting your direct report with coaching and development
What’s in it for you?...
- graze is a young company, moving into new commercial areas including Retail, Online and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
- We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.