Head of Group Online Communications
Good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthy snack brand, graze is on a mission to make healthy eating exciting with ambitious plans to grow a successful, global multi-channel food business which offer consumers new ways to snack. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box in 2008 becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, the most of top of mind healthy snack brand in the UK and a growing US business - our recent entry into the US market online is viewed as the most successful launch in history for a UK brand and we have just begun our launch into US retail.
The role: Head of Group Online Communications...
To lead the development and growth of the graze brand online, internationally, working as a marketing partner to the Commercial (e-commerce team) to create propositions, communications and content that will drive acquisition, cross-sell & repeat purchase and ultimately drive online lifetime value. To ensure that all creative and content will build our brand (emotional connection & memorability) at every owned, earned and paid touch-point, whilst driving response and engagement which results in commercial return.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Understanding market, qualitative & quantitative data on buying healthy snacks online, including sales & performance marketing data, and making recommendations on range positioning and propositions to drive acquisition of new customers and repeat purchase.
- Working across functions to create a content and communications plan for CRM, SEO, Merchandising and Acquisition marketing (paid/earned/owned media including social, search, direct response offline) to drive traffic to graze.com and maximise conversion and LTV.
- Briefing and delivering, via in-house and external/freelance resource, communications which drive profitable behaviour and build our brand consistently across all touch points.
- Lead all aspects of the communications planning process working with all the relevant functions, creating an efficient content creation process which maximises return on effort.
- Building our brand & comms effectiveness globally, ensuring communications and content plans are relevant to the US audience, working with US team to localise and evaluate effectiveness - recommending varying strategies and plans where appropriate.
- Lead, motivate and develop a high performing Communications and Content Team.
What we are looking for in you...
- 10+ years’ experience leading the development and implementation of a coherent e-commerce or multi-channel brand and communications strategy and, ideally, in multiple geographies
- Experienced in e-commerce acquisition, CRM and SEO / content marketing channels and social media
- Loves digging into performance / market data and coming up with creative solutions to drive effectiveness. Combine a balance of commercial results-delivery with creative and entrepreneurial flair with proven success in maximising return from every touch-point
- Full of ideas, with the ability to create bold, disruptive content and communications that punch above their weight
- Experienced in developing process
- Great team leader, able to build commitment, relationships and effective ways of working within the team and across the business
- Good to have
- Experience in working with buying/merchandising teams to optimise range structure / architecture
- Experience in global / US market would be helpful – if not, strong relationship building and influencing skills
- A passion for food and/or some food content development experience would be a great help!
What we will expect in first 6 months...
- Develop a content plan and planning process to efficiently create multi-channel assets to deliver e-commerce acquisition, CRM and SEO objectives
- Develop a recommendation for range architecture / merchandising to maximise acquisition and repeat purchase
- Develop a communication strategy across all channels to increase response short-term and our brand longer-term
- Work with e-commerce team to test and optimise new offers and executions for acquisition
- Work with Digital product team to create content and assets for new User Experience design to graze.com
- Create effective planning and global content process with UK and US based marketing team
What’s in it for you?...
- graze is a young company, moving from subscription only to a multi-channel business on a mission to reinvent the way CPG businesses develop products and grow brands. You’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- The group Brand & Marketing team is setting the direction for the development of the brand across all channels, combining classic consumer & brand development practices with the entrepreneurial, test and learn approach of digital and technology led businesses – an ideal place for an experienced marketer to apply their existing skills and develop new ones as we create a new model for brand building and truly involving the consumer in our products.
- There are some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, curious, pioneering, commercially aware and resilient.
- We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.