good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack, from subscription, to retail and our online shop. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
The role - Assistant Management Accountant
With support from the group Management Accountant, you will be working on a broad range of tasks across the business, from month end management account preparation to reviewing payroll and reporting.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Preparing Accruals and Prepayments for overheads at month end
- Intercompany and other balance sheet reconciliations at month end
- Checking and posting payroll journals, liaising with HR on any queries
- Pension uploads & account reconciliations
- Ad hoc support for the Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Regulatory reporting (Intrastat, ONS)
- Taking ownership of, and assisting where required, on project work to support new processes as the business grows
- Identifying and recommending process improvements
Your day to day tasks...
- Update, review and enter accruals and prepayment journals;
- Review of credit card spend
- Maintain spreadsheets to enable accurate month end accruals e.g. for duty, postage and shipping, Opex accruals
- Raise intercompany invoices for the sale of stock to the US company and reconcile intercompany accounts
- Checking payroll returned from the payroll providers against submissions to ensure no errors
- Preparing and posting payroll journals
- Pension uploads from payroll data and pension account reconciliations
- Approving agency payroll invoices against timesheets and accruing uninvoiced costs for the month
- Completing balance sheet reconciliations as part of month end
- Liaising with people across the company to develop commercial understanding, enabling more accurate reporting
- Support for the AP Supervisor when required (ie holiday cover for payment run review)
What we are looking for in you...
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, AAT) or with plans to study
- Intermediate Excel user
- Confident in learning new IT systems
- Attention to detail, strong organisational skills, great comm's and ability to meet deadlines!
- Experience of payroll processing an advantage but not necessary
- A proactive individual who takes ownership of their tasks
What we will expect in first 6 months...
- Being completely up to speed on using graze’s finance system and other IT and data systems
- Complete month end tasks with no errors
- Strong working relationships in place within the finance team and wider business
- Clear knowledge of reporting requirements
- Excellent understanding of payroll processes and checks required
- Starting/ continuing to study for accounting qualification
What’s in it for you?...
- We offer a study support package for accounting qualifications, in addition to internal job specific training and networking opportunities.
- You’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company, with the opportunity to work in many areas of accountancy and gain a far wider range of experience and visibility than many businesses can offer.
- There is never a ‘normal’ day in the office – there’s always something to keep you on your toes.
- There are some seriously smart, informed, helpful, funny, dedicated (and modest) people in the business!
- You’ll be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.