good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack, from subscription, to retail and our online shop. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
The role: Retail Customer Demand Planning Manager...
This role has line management responsibility for one Customer Demand Planner, so as well as being operational for a range of customers in demand planning and customer supply chain management, this role is responsible for the delivery across all customers.
The key internal and external KPIs are:
1. On Time in Full deliveries
2. On Shelf Availability
3. Forecast Accuracy
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Managing the priorities for the demand planning team of two, aligned to the growth of retail in the UK in promotional events, marketing support and innovation launches.
- Leading the improvement in customer demand planning; defining how we’ll grow and work with a range of customers, setting targets and delivering action plans to make improvements.
- Working with the sales team to ensuring that the demand plan for all customers is kept up to date, as this drives production in the factory.
- Point of contact for your range of customers, and back up contact for direct report, for all customers ensuring that they’re aligned on range change dates, buy in plans for new products, promotional uplifts etc.
- Translating the EPOS sales plan into customer buy in plans; managing shelf fill requirements for innovation / range changes, and secondary space fill levels for promotions. This ensures that stock is available in time for customer orders, and they order in enough time to ensure high levels of On Shelf Availability.
- Monitoring orders versus the sales forecast to review whether unconsumed demand is required, and updating the forecast appropriately.
- Ensuring that all new customers are set up in a timely manner, managing EDI set up and all elements of the customer supply chain by delighting them with our adherence to their individual supplier guidelines.
- Managing customer logistics value chains to ensure that budgets are met, including managing the implementation of improvement plans.
What we are looking for in you...
- Demand planning management in UK FMCG
- Be customer facing
- Line management experience not required, but coaching experience desired
- Strong analytical skills, keen eye for detail and highly numerate
- Excel skills to advanced level to work with pivot tables, VLOOKUPs etc
- Very strong communicator/influencer
- Experience managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to work under own initiative and manage workload for yourself and direct line report
What we will expect in first 6 months...
- Slick up our ways of working with our sales team to ensure alignment to innovation launches and promotions; driving more insights based updates into the forecast for example in impact of competitor promotions and seasonality.
- Develop great, effective collaborative relationships within the retailer’s supply chain teams, that drives collaboration to improve forecast accuracy and availability for key events such as our promotions and new innovation launches.
- Build on forecast accuracy variance reporting, to incorporate root cause analysis to create and implement improvement plans.
- Plan the implementation of our exciting innovation products with our retailer’s supply chain teams, to ensure great on shelf availability.
What’s in it for you?...
- graze is a young company, moving into new commercial areas including Retail, Online and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
- This is a great opportunity for you to bring your knowledge of demand planning best practice into a growing company, and really let your experience of forecasting collaboration shine.