We're looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our Web team who is looking for an opportunity to work on a wide variety of problems, is passionate about developing across frontend/backend and loves problem solving in an agile team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at graze. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What we're looking for in you…
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience.
- You have significant experience with PHP and related MVC frameworks.
- You understand the fundamentals of and have significant experience with OOP to solve a wide variety of problems in different domains.
- You're comfortable operating across the frontend/backend stack and are able to move between them effortlessly.
- You're experienced with web development, understanding the foundations of what makes the web work including HTTP, DNS, etc.
- You show a demonstrable interest in technology whether through your own projects, work experience, or hackathons.
- You possess a good eye for detail, design and usability.
- You have an ability to quickly learn and adapt with fast problem solving capabilities.
What you'll be working on…
- Delivering improvements and iterations to our subscription and e-commerce websites across the frontend and backend.
- Designing and developing elegant OOP solutions for backend problems.
- Working closely with other members of the Web team to design and scope technical solutions.
We currently have 3 digital products, a bespoke subscription platform built with PHP, an e-commerce website built with Magento 2, and a static blog generated using Ruby and backed by Contentful. These are powered by a number of services written primarily in PHP and Go.
We also use git, Docker, AWS, Buildkite/Travis for CI, LESS, NPM, CommonJS, Require, Vue and Knockout for our frontend development.
What we expect of you in your first 6 months…
- Formed a sufficient understanding of codebases and systems key to your role.
- Established good working relationships with all the people with whom you'll be working.
- Shown that you are being proactive in helping to improve graze’s systems.
- Delivered several significant pieces of work to a high standard.
- Become an effective member of the Web team, contributing positively to the agile process and the team's output.
- Demonstrated excellent technical capability and knowledge and identified your key development areas in order to improve.
What’s in it for you?...
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday a year, BUPA private medical insurance, pension scheme, all set in an amazing office on the banks for the River Thames in Richmond.
- We love our team breakfasts and evening drinks on Friday and there are plenty of free snacks!
- Time and support in attending relevant meetups and conferences as well as job specific learning.
- Hacker Time, one day per month dedicated to hacking away (no distractions) on whatever you’d like, learning a new language, trying out some new tech, open sourcing some code.
- Plenty of opportunity for presenting on technical subjects, in learning and conference-style environments both internally and externally.
- An opportunity to join a great team, learn and grow your skills with mentoring from some smart, talented people who are also great to hang out with.
- Be part of a culture that revolves around doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
Read our tech blog…
My first week at graze
AWS Hack Day
Go at graze
Pistachio: from style guide to front end framework
Pistachio - our new front end framework