The role...Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team to help drive the development and architectural direction of our web platform, helping choose the technologies we use and the approach we take to its delivery. We’re looking for people who can help foster a healthy engineering culture and aid in the delivery and are excited by the prospect of stepping up and taking the lead. The Web team works closely with the Digital Product team and are crucial in making graze the fastest moving FMCG company on the planet.
What you'll be responsible for...
- Responsible for enhancing and developing our web platform, helping it continuously improve
- You’ll be working closely with the rest of the Web team to make sure we offer a great, seamless customer experience
- You'll be actively involved in shaping the future direction of our technology.
- You’ll help share your knowledge and enjoy helping others improve
- You'll be working closely with Head of Digital Product to develop and deliver product roadmaps.
- You'll iterate on our existing tools and ways of working for effective delivery.
- You'll be involved in new hires and developing the hiring process.
What we're looking for in you...
- Technical knowledge and ability, we want someone who can hit the ground running and own the codebase
- A love of solving problems and finding innovative technical solutions
- Evidence of new skills learnt / up to date on technology (recently we’ve built a set of golang microservices)
- Experience in Cloud technologies: AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, Elasticache, ECS, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch)
- A positive, considered and progressive attitude
- A track record of delivering solutions in complex technology stacks, working well with a wide variety of FE and BE engineers
- Experience working with product teams to successfully deliver roadmaps / projects.
- A personable manner and an ability to talk to people both inside and outside of Technology.
- Leadership when it comes to problem solving with others
- Previous experience line managing engineers is an advantage but not essential!
What we'll expect in your first 6 months...
- Develop and effectively understand how graze’s web technology stack fits together and familiarise yourself with our systems and tools so you can effectively challenge and lead technical discussions, bringing the right people together to solve problems.
- To have built relationships throughout the Technology and Digital Product teams and to be an active member of these teams
- Familiarise yourself with existing processes and suggest improvements.
We currently have 3 digital core products, our subscription platform built with PHP / Twig / Pistachio (http://pistachio.graze.com/), an award winning e-commerce website built with Magento 2 also using Pistachio, and our contentful-powered blog generated using Middleman. We also have a set of golang microservices helping link everything together Your work will span all 3 of these products and Pistachio.
We also use git, Docker, AWS, Buildkite/Travis for CI, LESS, NPM, CommonJS, Require, Vue and Knockout for our frontend development.
What’s in it for you…
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday a year, BUPA private medical insurance, pension scheme, all set in an amazing office on the banks for the River Thames in Richmond. We love our team breakfasts and evening drinks on Friday and there are plenty of free snacks!
- Time and support in attending relevant meetups and conferences.
- Hacker Time, one day per month dedicated to hacking away (no distractions!) on whatever you’d like, learning a new language, trying out some new tech, open sourcing some code.
- Plenty of opportunity for presenting on technical subjects, in learning and conference-style environments both internally and externally.
- Be surrounded by smart, talented people who are also great to hang out with.
- We’re proud we’re an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.