Assistant Management Accountant - Retail
good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack, from subscription, to retail and our online shop. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
The role, Assistant Management Accountant - Retail...
The Assistant Management Accountant will act as the primary link to the US Retail team, managing the customer set up, sales invoicing and debtor processes through our broker in the US, internal financial reporting and finance systems. The role will also be responsible for supporting journal & management accounts preparation.
At key times, such as month end, there will also be a requirement to help the wider finance team with the preparation of the Group management accounts. The role will also include possibilities to bring insights to support the growth of both UK & US Retail, sharing best practice with the UK Retail Assistant Management Accountant.
What you’ll be responsible for....
- Reviewing & circulating Sales invoicing & weekly aged debtor reports from our US retail Broker
- Manage calculation and payment of monthly broker commissions
- Daily reporting of sales vs budget and forecast
- Sales promotion accrual management & data flow
- Bank reconciliation
- Month end management account preparation and journal entries
- Retail forecasting support
- Ad-hoc analysis to facilitate retail growth
- Ownership of finance systems Anaplan & Stats
What we are looking for in you...
- Desire to develop a long-term career in finance
- Likely you're looking for your step up from an accounts assistant, sales / purchase ledger role
- Ideally you'll have strong academics with CIMA/ACCA part qualified or AAT qualified
- Desire to get professional qualification over the next two or three years
- Ideally you've used financial systems similar to Sage, SAP or Access Dimensions
- Energetic, proactive, highly motivated individual
- Attention to detail and commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent communicator, with plenty of social confidence
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and muck in when required
What we will expect in first 6 months...
- Accurate & timely detailed Daily Sales reporting
- Be the owner of the Broker data & reporting routine
- Trade Spend Management reports accurately updated & maintained
- Actively working with National Account Managers (NAMs) to get promotion invoices approved – in advance and arrears
- Sales accrual management
- Support for Month end journal preparation and posting
What’s in it for you?...
- Support to complete your finance qualification
- graze is a young company, having recently moved into new areas & geographies
- you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
- We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.