Graze is now a multi-channel business. Making the healthy snacking option exciting, graze launched in the UK in January 2009. We subsequently entered the USA in September 2013, reaching 100k consumers within 6 months and a $35m NR run rate after only a year. We launched into Retail July 2015 and we are already in 10,000+ stores including all major Grocery and Impulse accounts and have exceeded retail sales of +£40m. Group revenue now exceeds £80m. Graze is in a great position to move into new channels in the UK: we have fantastic awareness at +80% and are the fastest growing healthy snacking brand.
The retail launch has been huge and we have moved at pace to build a strong team of dedicated members across Supply Chain, Finance, Sales and Trade Marketing. If you are excited by the opportunity to work in a super dynamic entrepreneurial environment that has rock solid backing/the budget to make it happen and where you truly have the scope to step change the business, and be rewarded for it, then we want to meet you.
The role...National Account Manager (NAM)- Grocery
The successful applicant will be responsible for working with some of our most important customers to grow the Graze business through existing and new product ranges. You will have full P&L responsibility and own the relationship with these customers.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- As one of our NAMs you will be responsible for delivering the company’s Sales and Profit targets for key UK Grocery accounts, with full P&L accountability and budget management.
- You will help build the Grocery Strategy, then develop relationships with your focus Grocers, Sell-In and deliver a brilliant category driving JBP (Including: Share of Shelf/Visibility at POS/Distribution across range/retail Pricing/Promotions/Investment Levels).
- You will own the grocery demand forecast for your accounts, working collaboratively with Supply to ensure availability.
- You will feed back grocery insights to the business and deliver performance course-correcting plans.
- All grocery admin to start.
- Development of NPD: most probably a bigger format (sharing bag / multi packs).
What we are looking for in you?...
- You’ve delivered in a fast growing, branded FMGC company for at least 3 years
- You have been ideally responsible for at least one of the big four grocers in the past, for at least one whole JBP cycle, with full P&L responsibility.
- You have brilliant interpersonal and influencing skills and understand the reason why networking with both junior and senior level contacts (internal and external) is so critical, you will ensure every Retailer contact is ‘man-matched’ with a graze person and will encourage and foster those relationships.
- You are results orientated, think commercially (you know what a great deal looks like), and value every pound and be a great sales-person and brand ambassador.
- You enjoy being stretched and would welcome the opportunity to wear many hats in a fast growing business.
- Formal negotiation training is a plus (GAP, Sentinel) but not an essential.
- Have a passion for working within a small, fast paced and entrepreneurial environment where no task is too small (you shouldn’t be afraid to get your hands dirty).
What we will expect in first 6 months?...
- Get up to speed and learn the business
- Take the bull by the horns and own your business
- Deliver key short priorities so that the team hits budget
- Be passionate and pro-active
- Work collaboratively with our trade partners to build a winning plan
What’s in it for you?...
- graze is a young company, moving into new commercial areas including Retail, Online and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
- We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.