Good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our recent entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
The role - Retail Market Strategy Analyst
The Retail Market Strategy Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of commercial levers within the UK and US markets, feeding into the overall strategy for the graze retail business globally.
We are looking for someone who is highly analytical and commercially aware, with a passion to deepen their understanding of the FMCG industry in both markets. The candidate does not need to have extensive pre-existing knowledge of market strategy, but they must be able to demonstrate exceptional personal development potential and a hunger to learn. The role requires someone who can build strong business partnerships with stakeholders in the sales and finance teams, and who has the ability to develop systems and processes designed to enable the distillation of complex data analysis into actionable insights.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Assisting in the refinement of ROI modelling tools for promotional analytics to help the commercial sales team to increase effectiveness of trade investment
- Conduct post promotional analysis of key activities to validate the commercial strategy by pack format
- Analyse competitor strategy in the categories within which we operate and work alongside the Retail Revenue Growth Manager to make recommendations on changes to strategy in the UK and US to maximise trial of the graze brand
- Evaluate performance against financial targets and lead the design of processes to improve forecasting accuracy for activation periods
- Work alongside Finance, Marketing and Category Management teams to make recommendations on the go to market strategy for new product development
What we are looking for in you...
- Highly numerate, combining deep analytical capabilities with an ability to clearly and simply communicate findings
- A high level of commercial acumen with a desire to learn about the FMCG industry
- An energetic, highly motivated individual able to take on a wide range of tasks and to be flexible to the changing needs of the retail business
- A team player who can build strong working relationships with stakeholders from teams across the business
- An excellent communicator, with plenty of social confidence and strong influencing skills
- Strong Excel skills, with the ability to turn complex problems into practical models
What we will expect in first 3 months...
- Strong collaboration with teams from across the business
- Ownership of promo tracking, analysis and communication of performance and insights to the wider business
- Use market data to recommend ways to accelerate growth within the UK and US markets and to assess implications for pricing and promotional strategy
- Support marketing team with insights into new launch categories for our 2018 innovation
What’s in it for you?
- Graze is a young company, moving into new commercial areas including Retail, Online and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
- We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.