good just got exciting! Using technology to create the world’s No.1 healthier snack brand, graze continues to grow and offer new ways for our consumers to snack, from subscription, to retail and eCommerce. We combine a love of food with a pioneering use of technology and product innovation to create delicious snacks with healthy benefits. We’ve come a long way since we shipped our first nibble box becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the UK with our entry into the US market viewed the most successful launch in history for a UK brand.
The role, Online Analyst...
- The Online Analyst is a true business partner to the Chief Digital officer supporting our Subscription and eCommerce (Shop) direct-to-consumer businesses.
- We’re looking for a highly driven commercial analyst, who is comfortable with the structured thinking required in data science and finance.
- There’s no need for formal training in either area but, previous success and familiarity in any of the following areas will be highly advantageous: modelling and business planning; eCommerce or FMCG business; business partnering non-finance teams; project management; P&L financial reporting; developing KPI dashboards; cohort modelling and customer economics concepts; co-ordinating and improving forecast processes; assessing “what if” business cases and A/B test results; having strong opinions based on solid data.
What you’ll be responsible for...
Business performance management
- Forecast, track and explain the performance of our online business globally
- Challenge, assist and organise finance processes for online business
- You will build ad hoc analysis, but also operate larger systems which give insight into the great complexity of the online business.
Provide Financial support to Commercial decision making
- Assess ‘what if’ scenarios and advise on courses of actions
- Business partner the online commercial and marketing teams to drive revenue, profit and customer experience
Data, Systems and Process improvement
- Improve visibility and efficiency by specifying changes to these processes and systems (but don’t worry, systems change is delivered by our Data Systems team).
- Improve processes and specify changes to systems to keep them fit for purpose as the business grows
- Lead ad-hoc projects as assigned, with support from the Commercial Finance, Financial Controls and Data Systems teams
What we expect in the first 6 months...
- Have built a great relationship with key stakeholders from the top down, within our Direct to Consumer team, Group Finance and the wider business.
- Take responsibility for the full online P&L with the Chief Digital Officer
- Start to positively affect and add value to the online business through analysis and improvement of operational KPIs, forecasting and budgeting.
- Support strategic decision making and model changes in strategic direction and investment trade offs to support Group targets
What we’re looking for from you...
- A strong degree in any numerate discipline, e.g., a STEM subject, accountancy or finance, etc.
- c3-5 years’ experience, in e.g. banking, FMCG, ecommerce, consulting or startup
- If a qualified accountant, then 0-3 years’ PQE, but this is not a requirement
- If not an accountant, then good knowledge of standard financial concepts and those specific to eCommerce, e.g. P&L structures, margin driver analysis, customer acquisition costs, life-time value
- Strong Excel skills, with the ability to turn complex problems into practical models
- Ideally some experience in other data manipulation platforms e.g., Tableau, SQL, Anaplan, Matlab, etc.
- An enthusiasm for cross functional, multi-disciplinary situations - building strong relationships across team boundaries; explaining financial concepts to non-financial professionals; deriving financial insights from operational data and vice versa; forming opinions based on evidence; and proposing alternative courses of action
What’s in it for you?...
- This is an opportunity for you to be part of a core function at a very exciting time in graze’s growth trajectory. People, Systems, Process and Data are at the heart of what we do and this is a chance for you to help create solid foundations that are built for speed.
- graze is a young company, moving into new commercial areas including Retail, Online and new geographies, so you’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity for you to grow.
- There’s some seriously smart, agile, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people in the business!
- You’d be part of a culture that revolves around us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest.
- We encourage active learning with access for all employees to our studio sessions, job specific learning and networking opportunities.